Approaching the Job Search as a Sales Process Will Fix Your Interviews
Companies acquire talent the same way as they acquire any other service, and job seekers benefit by taking an active sales-oriented approach and using sales techniques in their job search. Using a sales approach will empower you to be more assertive, directed, and organized in your search. The more you use these skills, the more interviews you will be invited to. And the more interviews you have, the more interview practice you will get[md]and the more skilled you will become.
The benefits of using a sales approach include the following:
* You will have a well-defined service you are selling to the job marketplace and a strong set of marketing and sales documents.
* You will be more focused on establishing a good sales process and less focused on the outcome of landing a job. Focusing on the process rather than the outcome will improve your chances of landing a job.
* Companies know how to purchase services, and if you use a sales approach, it will be easier for them to purchase your services.
* Many candidates have a hard time “bragging” about themselves in an interview. Selling is not bragging, and it will empower you to present your most commanding reasons for why you should be selected for the position.
* You will have a better answer to questions regarding your strengths and weaknesses.